No Spiders Allowed

Thoughts from the Mind of An Arachnophobic Brunette

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Poem



The week is almost over
Want the weekend to come
Flying to Jamaica
Soon I'll be drinking rum.

I'm trying to get my work done
Since I will be away
But It's really hard to focus
I think I hear reggae.

Calendars and deadlines
Many people to reach
Trying to sift through it all
So I can lay on the beach.

Been eating next to nothing
Have to wear a swimsuit
Soon I'll eat jerk chicken
And some tropical fruit.

I want to leave right now
To run far, far away
But soon I'll be landing
In Montego Bay

Guess I'll finish my work
And I'll try not to fret
Just one more question:
Is it Friday yet??!?

4 Comments:

  • At 4:36 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    HOLY CRAP !!!
    Maybe while your there you can learn how to write a poem !!!

     
  • At 6:42 PM , Blogger GJ said...

    I want to say YOU JERK but instead I'll say HAVE FUN (while secretly being jealous.......) I intended to have lunch with you this week and it slipped right past me......raincheck?

     
  • At 8:43 PM , Blogger Vixen said...

    Say hi to Ian for me if you see him there ;-)

     
  • At 7:33 PM , Blogger Colleen Gleason said...

    It's Friday here!!!

    Have a great time and drink lots of rum.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home