No Spiders Allowed

Thoughts from the Mind of An Arachnophobic Brunette

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Blue Like Jazz




I'm currently reading a great book. It's called Blue Like Jazz: Non-religious Thoughts on Christian Spirituality by Donald Miller. The Eccentric Blonde currently has it listed as her favorite book in her profile. My husband also read it. I picked it up the other day and read the back. This is what it says on the back of the book:

"I never liked jazz music because jazz music doesn't resolve. But sometimes you have to watch somebody love something before you can love it yourself...I used to not like God because God didn't resolve. But that was before any of this happened."

How can you not just pick up the book and start reading after that? You pretty much have to do it.

I think if you are a staunch atheist, die-hard Christian or anywhere in between, you are going to find something interesting, thought provoking or just something to relate to in this book. I can already tell that it is one of those books that I will want to read multiple times.

Funny, honest, down to earth, not at all "preachy"...and I highly recommend it.

3 Comments:

  • At 5:11 AM , Blogger Vixen said...

    With all your TV watching where do you find time to read? I must be doing something wrong here...I have no time. LOL

     
  • At 7:08 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Want to read a GOOD book, try :
    "Reading for Dummies".That one will change your life!!!

     
  • At 10:19 PM , Blogger The Eccentric Blonde said...

    very good book - i'm glad you're giving it a shot :)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home