No Spiders Allowed

Thoughts from the Mind of An Arachnophobic Brunette

Sunday, June 11, 2006

Factory Worker




My new job is in a factory. Well, sort of. The pictures above are actually what the building used to look like back in the 1920's. It was an old stove factory. Several years ago it was converted into a cool shopping/business complex. It still has the water tower out front. However, it now contains trendy restaurants (like Saffire and Stoveworks), various businesses, an old fashioned ice cream shop, live theater, unique shops and art galleries. It is really a mind boggling transformation.

Sometimes, I'll be walking into work, looking at the building and I think about the history. It's strange to imagine stoves being manufactured in that location. Sometimes, while sitting at my computer, I'll look up at the giant, old windows and the aged brick and see the character of the building. I wish the walls could talk. It's definitely not your typical office space.

Locally, it's known simply as The Factory and I feel lucky to be able to work there.

1 Comments:

  • At 5:59 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I think you need to stop thinking so much or your ass is gonna be on the street !!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home