No Spiders Allowed

Thoughts from the Mind of An Arachnophobic Brunette

Monday, May 22, 2006

Meme - Per Glam Jo

Glam Jo tagged everyone who reads her blog--so here goes nothing...

Accent - Not sure if I have one. I guess I have whatever accent you end up with when living in the Northeast for 28 years and the South for about 7 years.

Booze - Love many varieties of this stuff, but really enjoy my glass of red wine, while eating Italian food, while watching The Sopranos on Sunday nights. Love red wine -- I especially dig the Rex Goliath 47 Pound Rooster wine. It's inexpensive and oh so good. Another favorite--Menage a Trois red wine. Also amazingly tasty for little $--and with a name like that, how can you go wrong?

Chore I hate - Putting clothes away when they come out of the dryer. Also, cleaning toilets.

Dogs/Cats - I love dogs. In my lifetime, so far, I've lived with 1 German Shepherd, 1 Dalmation, 1 mutt, 2 Dobermans and 2 Greyhounds. I have nothing against cats (except allergies), but I will go up to any person with a dog or any strange dog for that matter. I love them all and will tend to remember dog's names much better than I remember people's names.

Essential Electronics - My Ipod and my TiVo. I alternately love the randomness and exquisite preciseness of the Ipod. I love the fact that with TiVo, I can live my life and watch the TV that I want to watch when I want to watch it. It no longer matters what day of the week that anything is on--and I LOVE that.

Favorite Perfume / Cologne - Sarah Jessica Parker's Lovely scent. It is absolute perfection in a bottle.

Gold/Silver - Love silver. Any silver will do. However, perfect decadence is silver jewelry from Tiffany.

Hometown - Was born in Allentown, PA. Currently living in Franklin, TN.

Insomnia - Very seldom. I love sleep. I treasure it. I will schedule hair appointments around it and change jobs to gain more of it.

Job Title - I believe this new position that I begin on May 30th is "Design Coordinator".

Kids - None at the moment.

Living Arrangements - Living with 2 dogs and a husband in Franklin, TN in the cutest little brick house in the cutest little neighborhood. I am officially (sort of) southern--I have a little magnolia tree in the front of my house. It was the one thing I really wanted to have when I moved back to Tennessee.

Most Admired Trait - Calmness and a positive attitude.

Number of Sexual Partners - One--what can I say, I found what I liked early in life and I stuck with it (him).

Overnight Hospital Stays - None since birth--and I'm in my 30's--(you people need to start drinking more red wine...)

Phobias - Do I really need to go into this again? I think we all know the answer....

Quote - I came across a quote by Walt Disney once that I absolutely loved. It is a quote about Cinderella. It said, "She believed in dreams, all right, but she also believed in doing something about them. When prince charming didn't come along, she went over to the palace and got him." That quote just struck a chord with me. To me, it said that you can be passive and wait for life to happen to you, or you can go out and search out what is important to you. I cut that quote out and taped it inside my day-planner.

Religion - Practicing Catholic Christian

Siblings - I am the youngest of 6--I have three older brothers and two older sisters.

Time I Usually Wake Up - The alarm is set for 6:21. This allows me to smack the snooze button once. When it goes off again at 6:30, I drag myself out of bed.

Unusual Talent - Reciting all of the prepositions in alphabetical order. Yeah, I don't have a whole lot of talent.

Vegetable - I really dig asparagus, peas and green beans.

Worst Habit - Nail biting. I have acrylic nails at the moment, and if I didn't, I would keep my nails painted to stop the habit. But the second the fake nails and nail polish comes off, I could chew them all off and love every second of it.

X-rays - Mostly of my lungs--I've had 5 documented cases of pneumonia. I've had the occasional finger and ankle x-ray, but I think the only thing I've only broken is my toe on my right foot that is now eternally crooked.

Yummy Food I Make - Pumpkin Pie. It's the best recipe. It's creamy with nuts on top. It is truly one of the few things I do well.

Zodiac Sign - Scorpio, but I don't really believe much in astrology. My Dad and I are both Scorpios (who are supposed to be rather fiery personalities) and we are two of the calmest, happiest people you will ever meet.

Ok, that's everything--to all of you reading who haven't done this one--TAG--you're "it".

2 Comments:

  • At 1:54 PM , Blogger GJ said...

    Love it love it love it....

     
  • At 10:39 PM , Blogger The Eccentric Blonde said...

    I'm in central Cali tonight among all of the vineyards & wineries. I think you need to come out here and help me do some taste testing!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home