No Spiders Allowed

Thoughts from the Mind of An Arachnophobic Brunette

Sunday, June 04, 2006

Resolutions?


It's June and I was thinking about my list of New Year's resolutions. I knocked a few off the list so far. I lost a few pounds since January (still working to lose a few more). I found a better job. I signed up to get a daily bible verse e-mailed to me and make it a point to read those e-mails daily.

One resolution that was relatively easy, but I still hadn't gotten around to, was to get a library card. I've been back to the Nashville area for a little over 2 years and I still hadn't gotten around to this. Yesterday, I finally got myself a library card for the Williamson County Public Library.

It's been a while since I've been in a library. I've been satisfying my book cravings with trips to Borders and Barnes and Noble. When I walked in to get my card, I felt an unexpected wave of happiness. I don't know what it is. It's something about the smell of the books, the hushed voices, and the possibilities of infinite knowledge surrounding me. Books on every subject, hundreds of DVD's, magazines and audio books. It's all there for the taking (or at least for the borrowing) and it doesn't cost a dime.

Now, I just have to figure out what I want to borrow, and I'll be all set!

3 Comments:

  • At 5:30 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I know where you can get some interesting movies from the "70's" at no charge!!! They would have to be sent from Texas but there's no library card needed!!!

     
  • At 9:37 PM , Blogger Nonblond said...

    Author's Note: To my friends, husband and past/present co-workers in the entertainment industry who sometimes read this blog--comments posted on this blog are not necessarily the opinions of the author. The author does not condone, support or participate in illegal duplication and/or copyright infringement in the music or movie industries and she fully supports the rights for people to be paid when others are getting entertainment from what you create so we can all continue to have jobs. Additional reference information can be found under Commandment VIII regarding the existing policy on "thou shalt not steal". :)

     
  • At 10:02 PM , Blogger The Eccentric Blonde said...

    Ha...love the disclaimer!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home