No Spiders Allowed

Thoughts from the Mind of An Arachnophobic Brunette

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Summer is Almost Here



Tomorrow is officially the first day of summer. I tend to go into spring kicking and screaming (No, please don't make me pack up all of my sweaters and black and gray clothes!) but by the time summer gets here, I am usually pretty happy about it. I start getting into that summer-mood.

Isn't it strange how different summer is when you are an adult? Instead of weeks of hanging out, sleeping in and getting tan, we go to work, complain about how the humidity affects our hair and try to schedule a week to "get away from it all". I don't care, it might not be the same as when we were kids, but there is still something magical about summer that makes me feel young and adventurous again. Like I want to drive too fast with my radio turned up and my windows rolled down. And I want to ride roller-coasters and scream. And I enjoy the sound of flip flops. Or maybe I just had too much coffee this morning.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home