No Spiders Allowed

Thoughts from the Mind of An Arachnophobic Brunette

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Straws, Stingrays, Balance and Other Stuff

Tuesday's Thoughts:

  • Did you ever notice that the width of McDonald's straws are larger than at other fast food establishments? Do find that you finish your soda faster at McDonald's than you would at Wendy's and does it upset you in any way?
  • Do you ever wonder what seemingly small decisions that you make today will change the rest of your life? For instance, my parents let me choose between 2 high schools. If I hadn't made the choice that I did, I may never have met my husband. (We met our senior year.) Think about that as you decide what to order at Starbucks...it could CHANGE YOUR LIFE.
  • Why is it that women who work together seem to all get on the same monthly schedule? Seriously--I've known this for a long time, and it still freaks me out a little.
  • Did you ever have a potential opportunity come into your life out of nowhere--literally have it hunt you down--and even though you weren't looking for it, it is suddenly all you can think about--and you had no idea how bad you wanted it until then?
  • Did you ever pet a stingray? I did last night and it reminded me very much of the feeling of a wet marshmallow. They are so cute and cool in the creepiest way. (Stingrays, not wet marshmallows.)
  • Did you ever get dizzy walking by a giant aquarium? There is something very disorienting about walking while a fish swims along next to you. I think if the fish would have made a sudden move left or right, I would have fallen right over onto the floor.
  • Do you find you are bothered more by what people do to your loved ones than what they do to you? I've discovered this about myself and my husband. If someone crosses him, he can let it go much easier than I can. He shrugs it off, where I tend to have fantasies about revenge. I hope that doesn't make me a bad person.
  • Last, but not least, do you ever write out checks in the evening, date them for the next day and wonder if you will actually live to see the next day or if you are somehow jinxing yourself by doing that?

3 Comments:

  • At 1:11 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Their straws are thicker, but I don't think I drink faster because of it.

    Isn't it funny how every decision you make everyday could change your life?!

    Where did you pet a stingray? Too cool!

     
  • At 1:08 PM , Blogger Doo Dah said...

    I enjoy your blog. I too am in Tennessee, but on the Elvis side, unfortunately.

    I have noticed the straws.

    Small decisions have impacted me.

    My daughter and I plan on being in sync when she gets there. Just to drive the men in the house insane.

    Opportunities knock on doors for me all the time, I always end up not answering and regret later.

    I am just dizzy. Period.

    I think today is my last day, always. Savor the moment.

     
  • At 4:02 PM , Blogger GJ said...

    Haha - every one of these I read I thought - YEAH! HECK YEAH! You are funny....

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home