No Spiders Allowed

Thoughts from the Mind of An Arachnophobic Brunette

Monday, March 24, 2008

Day 6 - Post Surgery




Well, it looks like my surgeon wants me to continue to work from home for a few more days. I think it is probably a good idea for me to stay home for a while longer.

As I prop myself up on the couch for the day, (in front of my work computer which now resides on the coffee table temporarily) I look around at my collection of "stuff":

  • 1 Can of Sugar free Red Bull

  • 1 Bottle of Ibuprofen

  • 1 Bottle of Percocet

  • 2 Bottles of water

  • 1 plastic cup filled with Diet Cranberry juice mixed with Diet Ginger Ale. (Geez, I drink a lot.)

  • 1 Novel to entertain me between incoming work emails (Currently, The Tenth Circle by Jodi Picoult)

  • 1 Tube of Dr. Pepper flavored lip gloss (to help me comfort me during this difficult time and take me back to the days of my childhood)

  • 1 Cell Phone which periodically gets tucked under my bra strap when I have to crutch across the house when I am home alone. (I fear that something will happen and I will be lying on the floor, stranded, with no way to call for help.)

  • Fully loaded iTunes on "shuffle" all day (today, I've heard everything from Billy Joel to Chris Daughtry to songs from the Grease soundtrack to Norah Jones).

  • 1 Box of Tissues

  • 1 "Cryo Cuff Cooler" to continuously ice my knee.

  • 1 Allure magazine - To inspire me that one day, I may wear heels again, I may wear a skirt again, heck, I might even walk without crutches again! (sigh) What will that day be like? Right now, I can't imagine stuffing my fat, swollen foot (yes, even my foot is swollen) into a pretty sandal with a pedicure on my toes.
Yesterday was the 5 week anniversary of my injury. I've been on crutches for FIVE WEEKS. My physical therapist is hoping to have me walking without crutches (although my leg will still be braced) by the END OF THIS WEEK.

I am so excited I can barely stand it.

4 Comments:

  • At 7:17 PM , Blogger Michele said...

    I definitely know the excitement of walking without crutches after an ACL injury. I was on crutches for about four weeks. I am glad that I had the surgery because I now have a stable knee. I am sure that you will be back in sandals soon. I could not wait to wear flip-flops. Good luck with your recovery!

     
  • At 8:35 PM , Blogger Vixen said...

    That's wonderful news that you could be walking by the end of the week! Just don't overdo it as I am sure it can be exhausting! :)

     
  • At 8:21 AM , Blogger Jed said...

    Looks like you're on your way to a quick recovery.

    After catching the martial artists ACL blogs I started my own. I'm closer to surgery date than you.

    If nothing else it's fodder for those long days.

    http://acl.exstatic.org

     
  • At 6:22 PM , Blogger The Eccentric Blonde said...

    Dr Pepper chap stick is the best!

    I can't believe that it was 5 weeks ago! Where does the time go? Glad that you are doing better!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home