No Spiders Allowed

Thoughts from the Mind of An Arachnophobic Brunette

Monday, February 25, 2008

Razors and Tampons



Okay, so 2008 has pretty much sucked so far. Let's recap, shall we?

People were let go at my company. My husband's job is hanging in the balance. I took a vacation hoping to de-stress and tore my ACL and my MCL while skiing (which means I will need surgery and will be on crutches for weeks). My sister-in-law has been diagnosed with lymphoma. Finally, last night, I went to the memorial service of my 30 something year old friend who died giving birth to her daughter--her first child--leaving her husband a widower and the baby in critical care.

I give up. I surrender. I can't take any more.

Tonight we stopped by Target and my husband went inside to do some shopping for me while I waited in the car. I needed two things: 1) an electric razor to make shaving my legs a little easier since I can't stand (that's right, I can't stand--did I mention that life sucks?) and 2) tampons (because getting my period right about now is pretty much the icing on the cake).

My sweet husband stood there in Target, on his cell phone, and discussed with me the pros and cons of all of the feminine electric razors on the shelf and then, after discussing contouring and shave closeness, proceeded to the tampon aisle to try to find the exact brand of tampon I was looking for (again, discussing details via cell phone in a crowded store).

He then stood in line and paid for the Remington Smooth & Silky Titanium razor along with the Tampax Pearl tampons. He said he had a male check-out clerk. He only smiled at the ridiculousness of the situation as he handed me my bag.

Life sucks, but every now and then, an act of kindness (and a little humor in life) can still bring a smile to your face.

Things are going to get better, right?

3 Comments:

  • At 8:45 PM , Blogger Vixen said...

    It has been a rough year for you so far, but, i am optimistic it will get better! And if I'm optimistic you know there must be good things in the future!

    I love that Hubby bought you those feminine products. What a guy! :)

    Again, if you need assistance one night again, just let me know!

     
  • At 6:46 PM , Blogger The Eccentric Blonde said...

    sorry that you're having such a sucky start to 2008...i'm sure that it will get better.

     
  • At 6:54 PM , Blogger GJ said...

    Oh friend, I AM WITH YOU!!! 2008 and I are in heated stand-off that, I fear, might last 365 days. I am sorry for your drama (esp. the knee?? what the?????) and if you need a friend to commiserate with - call me.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home