No Spiders Allowed

Thoughts from the Mind of An Arachnophobic Brunette

Friday, February 08, 2008

My Tribute


Above - Me, Steamboat Springs, Colorado, February 2007, in a moment of bliss.


My Tribute to Skiing

by C.S. (Non Blond)

Outside my window
Is a sea of white
I pull on my long johns
tug my hat on tight

I snap my boot bindings
And clomp down the stairs,
Grab my skis to go out
Feel the burst of cold air

Riding the lift
Can be painfully slow
All I desire
Is to be in the snow

As we get to the top
My heart skips a beat
We lift up the bar
And I get off the seat

I've waited so long
I've been waiting all year
It's been 12 long months
But I'm finally here.

Eight hours of heaven
Is about to begin
Under my face mask
Is a great, big grin

As I swish down the trail
And the wind hits my face
I forget any problems
They've all been erased

The trees are so pretty
You'd swear they've been dipped
In a great big bowl
Of cream that's been whipped

Eat a big lunch
Need food for power
When burning three hundred
Calories per hour

When the sun goes down
Sore muscles are rubbed
While snow falls on us
In the steaming hot tub

Advil then wine
Shower then sleep
Snow is still falling
As I begin counting sheep

I don't want it to end
But that's just me
Do you now understand
Why I love to ski?


See you when I return...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home