No Spiders Allowed

Thoughts from the Mind of An Arachnophobic Brunette

Tuesday, January 01, 2008

A Fresh Start




Well, the champagne has been poured and the clock has struck midnight. Here we are in 2008.

There is something about the New Year that is just so refreshing. I realize that it is just a date on the calendar page, but it is a chance to mentally get back on track. To re-examine life. To set new goals. It's a clean slate!

As I look back at last year's resolutions, I realize I did fairly well this year. My underwear drawer is still organized. I am starting this year at a lower weight than I started last year. Not only did I learn how to do Sudoku puzzles, I fell in love with them and I am now paying all of my bills online.

However, I didn't work out as much as I had wanted to and I didn't take as many bubble baths as I had hoped, but I am closer than I was the year before. So this year I would like to:

  • Join the YMCA and start weight training in addition to cardio. Short term - to improve my skiing (February 9th--Heavenly, here I come!). Long term - to raise metabolism and build some muscle.

  • Schedule doctor's appointments. Since I don't get sick very often and don't really take any prescriptions regularly, I tend to be bad about making doctor appointments. (I haven't even transferred my medical records here from PA yet and I've been here over 3 years.) It's time to make my appointments and get a check up.

  • Seriously. More bubble baths. (Maybe if I am hitting the gym more, I will need more bubble baths. Maybe these two resolutions can work hand in hand...)

  • Anti-aging cream day AND night. Facial scrubs. Facial buffers. Facial peels. EXFOLIATE! (I might have to turn 38 this year, but I don't have to look like I am.)

Here's to a clean slate in 2008!

2 Comments:

  • At 9:34 PM , Blogger Vixen said...

    Excellent Resolutions! :)

    Here's to a great 2008!

     
  • At 6:50 PM , Blogger pilgrimchick said...

    Well, yes, there is a proverbial "clean slate" involved with the New Year as we calendarize it, but truly, any day could symbolize the start of a new beginning. Lots of times, it's the calendar's more obscure dates that mean something to us because they are significant in our own lives--because something happened on that day somewhere along those lines that truly caused us to change. Maybe that's why a lot of New Years resolutions don't work for people--they are associated with a date, not a life-changing experience.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home