No Spiders Allowed

Thoughts from the Mind of An Arachnophobic Brunette

Thursday, December 06, 2007

What's Wrong With a Few Curves?



Okay, seriously. How can we live in a world where people are calling Jennifer Love Hewitt fat at a size 2?

You have to wonder if the people who write this stuff realize that they are basically insulting every person out there who wears a size 2 or larger? Are the people who write this stuff all smaller than a size 2 or is it just easier to point fingers at someone else?
This whole "size 2 being fat" thing comes around just as I'm starting to put together my work-out plan for the new year (with some additional training and conditioning to prepare for some downhill skiing in February). Here's my plan:
I do plan to do some weight training along with cardio so that I will be stronger and more conditioned.

I do plan to play in the snow, explore the mountains, take photos and ski down trails till the point of exhaustion.

I even (gasp) will put on a swimsuit and soak in the hot tub after a long day on the slopes.

However, even if I trained daily for a year, I still would not be smaller than a size 2--but it sure isn't going to stop me from working out, getting stronger and having fun.

Life doesn't begin and end with a clothing size. What is it going to take to end this stupid, skinny trend?

I'm ready to go back to the days of Marilyn Monroe. What's wrong with a few curves?

3 Comments:

  • At 6:16 AM , Blogger Marsha Loftis said...

    It boggles my mind that some people think bone skinny is attractive. it is not. Hugging someone that is all bone can not be that comfortable.

     
  • At 6:58 AM , Blogger Vixen said...

    I actually think alot of the time super skinny people are unattractive. They look frail. Like a good wind would knock them over. I will say one thing about J. L. Hewitt - she needs a bathing suit top with better support. LOL

    I need a complete make over so until that happens, I'm happy being pleasantly plump!

     
  • At 4:17 PM , Blogger GJ said...

    AMEN!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home