No Spiders Allowed

Thoughts from the Mind of An Arachnophobic Brunette

Friday, November 23, 2007

Black Friday Thoughts


1 - Getting up at 3:00 am to be at Kohl's by 4:00 am for Black Friday shopping is crazy, but I decided to do it this year. I could not believe how many people were out and how many people were lined up to shop. When I left Kohl's by about 4:20, the parking lot was completely full and people were following me and asking for my cart. Cars were parked on the little grassy islands for lack of parking spaces. I could barely get out of the parking lot. It was a little freaky.

2 - I then watched the sun come up while in line in the parking lot of Target. Again, very surreal--and very cold. (Note to self, wear 2 pairs of socks when standing on freezing cold concrete for an hour and a half.) However, I did get my husband the electric drill he wanted, among other things.

3 - My husband (who also started at 4:00 this morning and shopped JCPenney, Best Buy, Circuit City and another Target this morning before returning home) went out and bought the Guitar Hero game for our PlayStation II.




I thought this would mainly be a game for my husband. However, I am shocked to discover that I love this game! I love that my husband and I can stand side by side (me, with no musical experience whatsoever and he, who has actually played guitar for the last 30 years) and have a blast with this game (he still wins, but it's fun anyway). It's completely addictive. I played until my fingers ached today. Truly the best purchase of Black Friday.
Even better than my new polka dot pajamas from Kohl's--and that's saying a lot.
P.S.--I imagine this is a little what he and I look like while playing...


1 Comments:

  • At 4:20 PM , Blogger GJ said...

    Ryan and I play until our eyes cross.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home