No Spiders Allowed

Thoughts from the Mind of An Arachnophobic Brunette

Saturday, March 15, 2008

Surgery Countdown


Tuesday, March 18 is my official surgery date for ACL reconstruction.

I've had a few days to really process it, and although I am not looking forward to the surgery itself, I am looking forward to feeling better.  

I think it has finally sunk in that tomorrow it has been a whole month since the actual injury took place.  In that time, I've gone from extreme pain and not being able to put any weight on my leg at all, to minimal pain and using only one crutch to help me walk (while wearing a leg brace).  If I can feel this good after a month (and my tendons are still torn), how much better will I feel a month after surgery when they are actually (sort of) putting me back together?

So, I've decided that worrying about it isn't going to do me any good.  Instead, I'm focusing on what soup I'll want to eat after the anesthesia wears off (maybe my husband will make a run to Panera Bread), what books I'll be reading, the television shows I'll get to watch (I'm going to Tivo the 90 minute Bachelor premiere on Monday so I have something good and mindless to watch when I regain consciousness), and how much better I'm going to feel in a few weeks.

And until I do feel better, I have a prescription for Percocet to help ease the pain.  (Yay!)

Please keep me in your prayers for a successful surgery and a complete recovery.  I know it won't be an easy experience, but I think that I'm finally ready.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:25 AM , Blogger Jed said...

    Is that how your doctor actually did your surgery? From my research there are very few practicing doctors that use that method. Personally it was my 'favorite' recovery of all of them, much faster.

    Plus no permanent screws, I swear I'm going to set off a metal detector one of these days.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home