No Spiders Allowed

Thoughts from the Mind of An Arachnophobic Brunette

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Sick and Tired

I tend not to call in sick very often. I guess it's because I genuinely like my job and my work environment. I am also relatively healthy most of the time.

It's also because all of the design projects in my department funnel through me. So whether a job is ready to go to print, or a new design request is coming in from another department, if I'm not there, things sort of just...stop. Everything I process is usually extremely time sensitive, so missing a day on something, can mean completely missing a deadline.

This morning, I got up and felt awful. Stuffy and congested. Coughing. Worn out. Scratchy throat. However, I knew that yesterday at the end of the day, I received a design request for coupon pads to be produced--and they were wanting them to be delivered by Monday. Today is Wednesday. They needed to be designed, printed, cut, padded and delivered by Monday. Again, today is Wednesday. Am I making my point?

So I dragged myself into the shower, went to work, got a coupon designed and approved and sent to the printer. I told my co-workers that I still felt sick and that I was going to head home. I will now describe to you, the level of coolness that I have in my co-workers. These things really were said to me before I left work:

Co-worker A - "I just poured this cup of fresh orange juice. Do you want it? You should have it if you are sick."

Co-worker B (in response to my asking if there was anything urgent needed from me before I left) - "It's just urgent that you go home and feel better."

Co-worker C (in response to me telling him I would be bringing him 2 new design jobs to work on before I left) - "I can just come over and pick them up from you since you don't feel good."

I don't know what it is...but when you are sick and people are nice to you, it makes being sick suck just slightly less.

I have to go now. I have to eat some chicken soup, watch as many back to back Friends episodes as I can in one afternoon, do a few Sudoku puzzles and make sure I have taken the maximum dosage of Emergen-C and Zicam.

Hopefully, by tomorrow, I will be back to being a productive member of society and I will be there to assist in whatever urgent art-related emergency might be occurring in Franklin, Tennessee on a random Thursday in February.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:37 AM , Blogger Vixen said...

    Hope your feeling better soon! Colds suck!!! :)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home