No Spiders Allowed

Thoughts from the Mind of An Arachnophobic Brunette

Saturday, January 06, 2007

The Queen of Useless Talent

I was tagged by Eccentric Blonde on Five Little Known Things about me. Here goes nothing...


  1. Before cell phones were all the rage and people actually used real phones with handsets to put up to their ear and dial, I had developed an unusual talent. I could identify my close friends and family's phone numbers just by sound of the pressing the digits on the phone. At one time, my husband tested me on this, because he thought I was making this up. The odd thing is, I can still "hear" in my head what my home number, my best friend's number and my boyfriend's (now husband) number sounded like when I dialed those digits. What can I tell you...I am the Queen of Useless Talent. Welcome to my kingdom.

  2. I am a little bit of a Star Wars nerd. I love the original Star Wars trilogy. I collected the trading cards as a kid. I had an Empire Strikes Back pillow case. I bought a white vest because Princess Leia wore white on Hoth in the Empire Strikes Back. The worst part of the confession...yes, I got teary-eyed when the Lucasfilm logo flashed up on the screen for the first time in years when they re-released the original Star Wars trilogy in theaters with the new footage and new special effects. It was an emotional moment for me.

  3. I was once an accidental shoplifter. I was shopping at the mall as a teen, digging through racks of cheap earrings just to browse. When I got home, apparently two pairs of earrings had fallen into my purse without my knowledge. I must have bumped the rack with my purse or something. The worst part was that they were extremely ugly. I think they were plastic dice or something. Also, I didn't have my ears pierced at the time, so they were useless to me. I was afraid to try to return them, because I thought I might get charged with shoplifting or something. I've never intentionally stolen anything since.

  4. I once climbed into a metal Salvation Army drop box in the heat of the summer, because I had accidentally put my favorite hairbrush in a bag that I dropped in the box. My Mom gave me a boost so I could get in and she helped me climb back out. I got my hairbrush back though! :)

  5. I still know the words to a song about a Stegosaurus that I learned when I was in Kindergarten or first grade. It went like this, "I am a Stegosaurus, I'm a funny-looking dinosaur, and on my back there's funny-looking plates and on my tail there's more." I don't know why I still remember this, but I do. (You are now leaving the kingdom of the Queen of Useless Talent...I hope you enjoyed your visit.)

Now tagging The Pink Pig...

3 Comments:

  • At 8:40 PM , Blogger Vixen said...

    You shoplifting, number memorizing, star wars freak! LOL

    Post up.

     
  • At 8:50 PM , Blogger The Eccentric Blonde said...

    ok - the hairbrush incident is AWESOME!

     
  • At 8:54 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    i was googleing the dinosaur song, and i remember it from kindergarden TOO!! weird! anyways...

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home