No Spiders Allowed

Thoughts from the Mind of An Arachnophobic Brunette

Thursday, November 30, 2006

The Chill of Winter



Above - Hollywood searched for crumbs on the floor, but all she got was a fake leaf stuck to her nose.

Tomorrow is December 1st. I realize that this is not the official start of winter, but doesn't it feel like fall is over? It's strange...while it is currently in the 70's today, the weatherman is threatening snow predictions tomorrow morning. The leaves are off the trees. Christmas lights are up everywhere and it seems that every time I look at the calendar at work, I am trying to figure out exactly how to schedule the work to get it done before we leave for the Christmas holiday.

Many people are not big fans of winter, but I am not a winter-hater--especially not this year. Looking ahead, I've got Christmas and New Year's to spend with family and friends (and a day trip planned in New York City). January will bring a weekend trip to Las Vegas. February or March will bring a skiing excursion to Colorado (plus, I'm a sucker for Valentine's Day). Somewhere in there we will throw a SuperBowl party and before we know it, it will be sandal season all over again. (Which reminds me...I am really due to take off my toenail polish and get a new pedicure. My toes are pretty sad looking, but I've been afraid to get a pedicure with my still-healing ankle. 6 weeks later, it is STILL swollen.)

I feel that this has the potential to be a great winter. So I say, bring it on! Let December come blowing in. Let the snow fall. Let's dig out those flannel pajamas, warm socks and hot chocolate because come on...isn't this really better than bathing suit season?

Bundle up, raise a glass of cheer and sign those Christmas cards--December is here!

2 Comments:

  • At 1:13 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    What a handsome crotch that is by the way !!!

     
  • At 7:01 PM , Blogger Colleen Gleason said...

    Oh, Hollywood is beautiful!!!

    And, yes, I feel like December 1 is really the beginning of winter too. It's the month, you know?

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home