No Spiders Allowed

Thoughts from the Mind of An Arachnophobic Brunette

Sunday, November 19, 2006

Holiday Nostalgia



The Christmas season is practically here and I really, really, really love Christmas.

Christmas just makes me revert to being a child all over again. Happy memories come rushing back of living in a house full of 8 people, 2 dogs and a cat. Decorated trees, cookies, Santa, shopping, family, hanging stockings, cold weather, midnight Mass, the Nativity...I love every aspect of this holiday.

For some reason, whenever I watch A Charlie Brown Christmas or the original Grinch Who Stole Christmas, those feelings come back stronger than ever. I could watch them 100 times over and I feel like I am six years old again, every time. There is that sense of innocence, hope and love in the air that just doesn't feel the same at any other time of year.

For me, the Christmas season just never gets old. I'm glad it's here once again!

2 Comments:

  • At 9:23 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Me too! I can't wait to watch Frosty the Snowman and Rudolph!!!

     
  • At 11:03 PM , Blogger The Eccentric Blonde said...

    I totally agree but I must say that I'm not in the Christmas mood this yet. Could be the 80 degree weather. Could be the Santa I saw hanging from a palm tree. I dunno...but I think that a trip to NYC is just what the doctor ordered! :)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home