No Spiders Allowed

Thoughts from the Mind of An Arachnophobic Brunette

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

I hate my crutches.
I hate that my arms are sore because of my crutches.
I hate the big ugly boot on my foot.
I hate how swollen my ankle and foot are.
I hate that I can't even carry my coffee across the room.
I hate that even getting into the shower is difficult.
I hate that this injury has totally screwed up my Halloween costume idea.
I hate that if I had just slowed down, none of this would have happened.
I hate that there is so much that I cannot do by myself.

However....

I love that I wasn't a wimp when the injury first happened--even though I wanted to cry and scream and felt like vomiting.
I love that the pain has decreased significantly.
I love that my co-workers are all so sweet and helpful.
I love that my ankle isn't broken.
I love that I have become really creative with using my 2 good arms and one good leg.
I love that my toes are painted on that foot, so they look cute sticking out of the boot.
I love that I will still be able to ski in February.
I love using the handicapped bathroom stall at work.


And most of all....

I love my husband. He makes and carries my coffee. He does all the chores. He waits on me hand and foot. He holds ice on my ankle. He tries to make me comfortable. He takes care of the dogs. He is my hero.

2 Comments:

  • At 6:03 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I Hate that I can't help myself and I keep going back to this blog site to read this crud !!!
    I love that someone else is miserable as me .............if only for awhile .

     
  • At 7:28 PM , Blogger GJ said...

    Crutches hurt. HURT. You would think that by now they would have come up with something better than CRUTCHES.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home