No Spiders Allowed

Thoughts from the Mind of An Arachnophobic Brunette

Monday, October 02, 2006

Cedar Point Halloweekends




Picture 036


My husband and I traveled up to Sandusky, Ohio this past weekend to visit Cedar Point. Being the big roller coaster fans that we are, Cedar Point is one of the best amusement park destinations for us.

Picture 004


They have 16 coasters.

Picture 009


We had so much fun!

Picture 011


Fall was definitely in the air and the park was decorated for "Halloweekends". We enjoyed riding two of our favorite coasters: Millennium Force and Top Thrill Dragster. Top Thrill Dragster got a little chilly riding at 120mph in damp 50 degree weather, but it didn't stop us from riding it twice!

Picture 006


For a short time, the rain poured down, but we didn't really mind. It gave us an excuse to ride the "haunted train" and snuggle up in the cold. It was a great weekend.

Picture 005


When we got home last night, we watched a special on the Discovery Channel about roller coasters and the people who regularly ride them. They described coaster fanatics as "Type T" people. These people's bodies apparently don't generate as much of a particular chemical (monoamine oxidase) as the general population. Therefore, Type T's seek out things that might be stressful for some people.

Picture 013


They showed roller coasters and downhill skiing as examples (both are activities that we go out of our way to participate in) of Type T activities. I thought about how I enjoy my work when I have the excitement of deadlines to hit. I thought about the horror movies and haunted houses we love to go to.

Picture 014


Hmmm...I thought I was just crazy, when all along, I might just be a Type T!

4 Comments:

  • At 4:09 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I bet I have alot of that particular chemical in my body, so I'll donate some to you crazy "Type T" people! LOL

     
  • At 5:47 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Awright Now Look !!!

     
  • At 6:42 PM , Blogger GJ said...

    This is the only reason I would ever leave Ryan.....he won't ride roller coasters. Is he nuts?

     
  • At 4:31 PM , Blogger The Eccentric Blonde said...

    That looks like so much fun!

    And as a side note: everytime I hear Sandusky, OH I think of Tommy Boy and it makes me smile. :)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home