No Spiders Allowed

Thoughts from the Mind of An Arachnophobic Brunette

Sunday, November 05, 2006

A Few Strange Days...

Ok, so I haven't been blogging for a few days. I have my reasons.

First of all, my computer is upstairs, and since my foot injury, I haven't been going upstairs very much. Not being close to a computer definitely cuts down on the blogging. However, I am completely off of my crutches and out of my big, giant, ugly, black boot and now just wearing a small ankle brace. My blogging should now increase.

Secondly, life has been a little hectic. Here's what has been going on:

First, we hosted a Halloween party at our house on October 28th.
DSC_0283
DSC_0285
DSC_0340
DSC_0248
DSC_0347

Then, of course there was the clean up of the aftermath of the Halloween party.
IMG_0612
IMG_0614


On Tuesday, (Halloween Day), my place of employment asked us all to dress like pirates. I'm not sure that I am ready to announce my place of employment on my blog, but there is a reason why we had to dress like pirates that is company-related, believe it or not.
Picture 005
Picture 014


Later that night, we handed out candy to trick or treaters and my husband made our house so creepy, that one kid's mother rang our doorbell and said she was trick or treating for her three year old because he was too scared to come up on our porch. Red flood lights, multiple fog machines, music, strobe lights were all involved in creating the final effect. It looked great.
Picture 017


This past Friday night, we attended a wine tasting in downtown Franklin with multiple friends. We've done this several years in a row and it is always a good time. They close down Main Street in Franklin and you get to taste a different wine in each store, shop or restaurant up and down the street. However, this year, I had the brilliant idea of barely eating anything most of the day to "save calories" since I would be eating and drinking more than usual that night. Not smart. I don't recommend going to a wine tasting on an empty stomach. There was plenty of food there, but by the time I ate, I already had far too much to drink, and it didn't really help. Let's just chalk up Friday night as another learning experience. In any case, we still had a really great time.

Picture 002
Picture 005b
Picture 033
Picture 021

In fact, one of my friends liked his drink so much, he proposed to one of the vendors right there on the spot!

Picture 016

On Saturday night, we were invited to spend time with some friends at a "chill with chili" party. Again, it was a great time--and this time, I stuck with Diet Coke and Diet Sprite all night. The chili that I ate that night was the first food that I was able to successfully eat all day.

Now it is Sunday afternoon, and I am still in my pajamas. I am tired and all I really want to do is stay home and catch up with my TiVo.

It was fun while it lasted, but dang, I am kind of relieved that this week is over.

4 Comments:

  • At 2:50 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I'd keep my eyes on that "JACKASS" that did all the proposing!

     
  • At 8:37 PM , Blogger The Eccentric Blonde said...

    I had such a great time with you crazy bastards! And these photos make me smile - even if i don't remember taking them ;)

     
  • At 8:20 AM , Blogger The Eccentric Blonde said...

    oh - and did you guys ever find my wine program from that night? I seem to have misplaced it...

     
  • At 6:18 PM , Blogger GJ said...

    Unreal. You guys....are un-real. (and I, too, would be scared to come to your house)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home