No Spiders Allowed

Thoughts from the Mind of An Arachnophobic Brunette

Friday, October 27, 2006

I Love My Job

We are having a slow day or two at my place of employment. From what I understand, this is completely normal between releases and I should enjoy it while it lasts. (I've already seen the busy time, so I am loving this.) So, while we wait for the chaos of the next project to hit, here are the kinds of things are going on:

  • Right now, I hear someone playing acoustic guitar in his cubicle.
  • A few minutes ago, someone had gotten a rubber dart stuck to the ceiling, so people were throwing balls at the ceiling to knock it down. Finally, someone duct taped my crutches together, and climbed on a chair to get it off the ceiling.
  • Yesterday, my friends were holding stopwatch timed "crutch races" with my crutches around the building. (I did not participate for safety reasons--but I did laugh.)
  • I took a long lunch and went and got my nails done. Long lunches seem to be almost mandatory.
  • People sitting outside on the loading dock, with drinks (non-alcoholic--we are still on the clock) and/or cigars is becoming a regular occurrence.
  • People are figuring out how to play 80's songs on recorders and playing them together, as a group, in the office. (Yes, recorders. Those white, plastic musical instruments from your childhood.)
  • Yesterday, there was a common practice to end every sentence with "...if you know what I mean" and/or "...that's what she said".

This is one of the strangest places I have ever worked, but I truly love it here. These people are crazy!

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home