No Spiders Allowed

Thoughts from the Mind of An Arachnophobic Brunette

Monday, January 15, 2007

What Happens in Vegas...

As the saying goes, what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas. But here is what I can tell you about my experience:

We experienced Vegas with our good friend "P".

We stayed at the Monte Carlo.


MonteCarlo

The main purpose of the trip was to celebrate "P" 's birthday and see The Beatles Cirque du Soleil show, "Love" at The Mirage. The show was amazing. It was beautiful and moving and gave me goosebumps. I would see it again in a heartbeat.



MIrage billboard



Love2



We had drinks at the Revolution Lounge before the show.


Revolution 1a

We went to the biggest, cheesiest gift shop in Vegas.


Bonanza

We checked out Fremont Street to experience "old" Vegas and got to meet Vegas Vic.



Binions



Golden Nugget



Vick

I had countless vodka gimlets over the course of the weekend. Vodka gimlets are my new favorite drink.

Lions and Fountains and Paris...oh my!



Lion2



Fountain1



Paris


We only got about 4 hours of sleep on our last night there--and it was worth every second of sleep that I missed.



Other highlights:

I received a kiss on the hand by a complete stranger.

I saw Elvis.

ElvisLives


Jello shots. (In addition to the vodka gimlets.)

I posed with meat in the wee hours of the morning after the Jello shots.



Carol and meat


Free drinks while playing the penny slots.

There was laughter, tears and lots of snoring due to the incredibly dry air (and maybe the drinking?). Funny, constant, loud, multi- person, synchronized snoring that even led to one person having to get out of bed and walk across the room to stop another person who was snoring. Names will be withheld to protect the parties involved.

I wore an orange corduroy mini-skirt (which was, hands down, the shortest skirt I have ever worn in my 36 years) with black tights and tall, sexy black boots. It was Vegas and I was going to a Beatles show--it somehow felt appropriate.



Carol Revolution


I had the opportunity to utter the words, "I would give you another inch, but I am stuck because you are on my hair."

It's been a long time since I've laughed this much in one weekend.

Happy birthday, "P"! If you read this, thanks for celebrating with us!

5 Comments:

  • At 7:36 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Whoever this "P" is sounds like a real "JACKASS". KLUNK !!@@%!!

     
  • At 7:43 AM , Blogger Vixen said...

    WOW! Sounds like a Fab time was had by all! :)

    P: I have a birthday gift for you...next time I see you your gettin' it!

     
  • At 11:15 PM , Blogger The Eccentric Blonde said...

    Looks like you had so much fun...makes me wanna take a road trip! i still havne't made it outside of the airport in las vegas - sad, huh?

     
  • At 8:00 PM , Blogger GJ said...

    It took me all the way to your picture with the meat to realize this was you and not Nicole. And I mean that as a compliment.....to you both.

     
  • At 3:17 PM , Blogger pilgrimchick said...

    Sounds like a fun time--I was also recently in Vegas myself, but in lieu of seeing "Love," my friend and I saw Barry Manilow. Yeah, Barry...

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home