No Spiders Allowed

Thoughts from the Mind of An Arachnophobic Brunette

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Northeast Travels

Over Christmas, I had the opportunity to go into New York City for the day, like I normally do each year. New York City is just a little over an hour's car drive from my parents' house in Pennsylvania.

There are a few things that I like to do every time that I go.

I devoured two hot dogs and a papaya juice at Gray's Papaya.

Picture 013a



I admired the Christmas Tree In Rockefeller Center.


Picture 001a


I went to Little Italy and had a wonderful, romantic dinner with the husband at La Mela.

Picture 023a



lamela



There were also a few new experiences this time. One thing that I did this time that I've never done before, was that I went to Hello Deli and had the pleasure of meeting Rupert (who frequently appears on David Letterman). I also ate a chicken salad sandwich while I was there, and watched other people come in and visit with Rupert. He was so nice to everyone!

Picture 029a



Picture 028a



This time, we rode the subway (since the traffic was so bad) and the coolest thing happened. Out of nowhere, this little Tejano musical duo walked onto our car and just started playing music. One guy had an accordian and one guy had a guitar and they just started playing and singing in Spanish as the subway moved along. I was amazed by their ability to balance and keep playing as the subway car started up, moved along, and stopped. We took a picture when we got off and before the subway moved on. (Don't you love how the people on the subway are just reading their newspapers like this is completely normal?)

Picture 032a



Finally, on our way back to PA, we made a stop in North Arlington, New Jersey to visit a Sopranos landmark. Pizzaland Pizza! We stopped in, ate a slice and enjoyed the ambiance. Yo, you guys, it doesn't get any more Northeast than that!

Picture 034a

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home