No Spiders Allowed

Thoughts from the Mind of An Arachnophobic Brunette

Monday, January 08, 2007

Feeling Territorial



It seems as though someone was trying to break into our garage. Our garage door is bent and one of the windows on our garage door is cracked. No one got in and nothing is missing, but I already feel violated. We have a security system on our house and new security measures are already in place. We've called the police. However, deep down, I really just wish I could be sitting on my front porch with a shotgun all day. Is that a natural reaction?

4 Comments:

  • At 8:37 PM , Blogger GJ said...

    I've never experienced a legitimate break-in but I think if I did my reaction would be terror instead of anger. But I like yours better. I need to toughen up.

     
  • At 8:45 PM , Blogger The Eccentric Blonde said...

    When my car was broken into (TWICE) I felt incredibly violated and then pissed off. I'm sorry that this happened to you guys....

     
  • At 6:08 AM , Blogger Retro Girl said...

    When I was younger, I had an awesome custom mustang and lived in a townhouse. That car got broken into about 4 times over the course of 7 years because I didn't have a garage to "hide" it in. It was awful.

    Even after the first stereo was stolen and I went to a removable stereo - jerks still broke in, and just trashed the interior when they couldn't find anything to steal. I felt completely violated and angry. I felt the same as you---I wanted an alarm that would electrocute a thief and I wanted to be there clicking a shotgun near their ear, watching them pee their pants...LOL.

    It's very frustrating!!

    Cool blog. Here via PinkPig, via SincerelyKate

     
  • At 10:14 PM , Blogger Vixen said...

    Completely normal. When my car was broken into and the speakers and stereo stolen 10 years ago I wanted revenge and just felt nervous and violated. Hopefully the scum is gone!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home