No Spiders Allowed

Thoughts from the Mind of An Arachnophobic Brunette

Friday, April 27, 2007

Friday Feast - 4/27/07

Appetizer

How fast can you type?

The last time I checked, it was about 56 WPM with complete accuracy, but I have a feeling that I probably type faster when I am not stressed to beat a time on the clock and not make any mistakes.

Soup

What is your favorite online game?

I don't really play online games. I guess I am an old fashioned kind of gal. I play the occasional minesweeper or solitaire on my computer, but that's about as wild and crazy as I get.

Salad

On a scale of 1 to 10 (with 10 as highest), how intelligent do you think you are?

I have no idea--and I'm not just saying that. I achieved good grades in school. I graduated from college without too much of a struggle (except for my Probability and Statistics class--that was one of the biggest struggles for me). However, every now and then I have a "moment" where I question my intelligence. For instance, I could be driving and talking on my cell phone and all of a sudden wonder, "Where is my phone? Did I leave it at work?" until it dawns on my that I am actually speaking on it. Yeah, I'm kind of afraid to know where I fall on a standard IQ test. I'm perfectly happy to stay blissfully uninformed.

Main Course

Name three of your best teachers from your school years.

Mrs. Meyers in the third grade - because she was so nice that I still remember and appreciate her "niceness" and how much I liked her even to this day.

Mrs. Wasielewski in the 6th grade - because she replaced the evil nun who was teaching there before her. (I was taught by several nuns and most were lovely people, but Sister Gertrude was just plain mean. I remember her yelling at me for something she thought I did, but I was completely not guilty as charged. I remember it as if it happened yesterday.) Mrs. Wasielewski was sweet and caring and a wonderful transition from the previous teacher.

Mrs. White in the 8th grade - because she was tough, but fair and I learned a lot from her before going off to high school.

Dessert

What are your plans for this upcoming weekend?

I am flying up to Pennsylvania to visit my Mom and Dad who I haven't seen since Christmas. I can't wait!

5 Comments:

  • At 10:02 AM , Blogger Xev said...

    Haha.
    I get those 'moments' too where I question my intelligence. The most frequent are when I rip my place apart in search of my sunglasses only to discover they're perched atop my head or hanging from my shirt neckline.

     
  • At 3:09 PM , Blogger Doo Dah said...

    Love it! I loose my sunglasses like Vexxxy, and find them in the same dammed places.

    hmmm.

    Hey, where in PA are ya from!?!?!?

    Elmer is from N of the 'burgh.

     
  • At 7:26 PM , Blogger Kim said...

    Wonderful feast today. Lived in Nashville for 8 years and loved it there. I do hope that you have a wonderful visit with your parents this weekend. My feast is up...come on over!

     
  • At 8:06 PM , Blogger Joseph C. Harris said...

    Great feast. Have a good weekend.

     
  • At 7:19 AM , Blogger Vixen said...

    Mrs. Meyers was the Bomb! :)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home