No Spiders Allowed

Thoughts from the Mind of An Arachnophobic Brunette

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Twelve Weeks Later...

Our department at work was finally declared the winner today in our own version of The Biggest Loser. It's been 12 weeks and I've lost 12 pounds, but most importantly, here are ten things that I have learned on this journey:
  1. It is better to work out in the evening in front of the TV than not work out at all. Just because you can't get out of bed in the morning to exercise is no real excuse not to do it. You'll burn calories no matter when you squeeze it in. Don't let the rest of the world make you feel guilty for not hitting the gym at 6:00 am.
  2. Lean Pockets (whole grain supreme pizza flavor) are tasty and only 4 Weight Watchers points. There are even breakfast Lean Pockets with bacon, egg and cheese! How can you go wrong!
  3. When counting Weight Watchers points, it is best to save about 5 points at the end of the day for a 1 point piece of dark chocolate and a 4 point (8 oz.) glass of red wine (yes, I actually measure it out). Chocolate and wine make the weight loss journey more tolerable and just think of all of the antioxidants you'll be getting!
  4. Stocking your fridge and freezer with healthy stuff is only effective if you actually consume it. Items should be healthy, but they should also be stuff you enjoy eating. Explore your grocery store for such items.
  5. Splurging on one meal is not the end of the world if you allow yourself to get back on track immediately. Don't stress over it.
  6. Lean Cuisine meals are getting better and better. I love the variety! My freezer is packed full of them. I had butternut squash ravioli with vegetables for lunch today. I am definitely not suffering. Suffering is not necessary.
  7. If you skip a workout to dance for a few hours at an 80's rock show, you apparently still burn enough calories to make a difference on the scale and it sure is a heck of a lot of fun.
  8. Cherry Coke Zero. Mmmmmmm.
  9. Pedicures. Having pretty feet makes you feel thinner. I don't understand it. It just does.
  10. Sushi at RuSan's. Healthy and yummy. Did you know you can have asparagus sushi? Mixed vegetable sushi? Simmered ginger beef sushi? Walnut sushi? The possibilities are almost endless.

3 Comments:

  • At 12:45 PM , Blogger Vixen said...

    Way to go on the win! :) I am also enjoying the whole grain supreme pizza lean pockets!

    Pedicures and Manicures do make you feel thinner don't they!

    Here's my problem...I have no motivation, I feel no pressure from society. I don't care if they want me to be thin, I am who I am. But, that makes it even more difficult for me to loose weight. I have no idea what would make me care to make it a top priority. Not even the upcoming jaunt to Vegas is motivating me - I just won't go to the pool if I'm fat. Ah well...

     
  • At 1:10 PM , Blogger Nonblond said...

    Pinky, I gave up on the dream of being "skinny" a long time ago. Now, I just want to be healthy and not have to buy more clothes at a larger size (it's all about saving money!). As long as I continue to exercise and eat right, I don't think I have to be Hollywood thin. I don't think any of us do. It should be more about being healthy and feeling good. At least that is what I am shooting for. In the meantime...lots of pedicures!

     
  • At 7:28 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    You had me until #10. sushi is for suckers. Also - there are BREAKFAST lean pockets??? that fact might change my life.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home