No Spiders Allowed

Thoughts from the Mind of An Arachnophobic Brunette

Friday, March 30, 2007

Friday Feast - 3/30/07

Appetizer
What are you proud of?

My parents, for doing a great job raising six kids, my husband, for putting up with me since 1989 and being a great friend and amazing spouse (seriously, he could give classes), and my ability to whistle through my teeth.

Soup
What is the best thing you’ve ever won as a prize?

When I was in the seventh grade, I won a first place award in the regional Pennsylvania Junior Academy of Science competition and got to take off from school for a few days to go and study ocean wildlife with a few other contest finalists. We traveled to Stone Harbor, New Jersey and I just remember how excited I was at the time. I hadn't ever traveled without a family member before, so it was quite an adventure for me as a seventh grader. I remember having so much fun and I was so proud of that award. I also got to compete at the state level out near Pittsburgh which was a great experience.

Salad
Name something you do that is a waste of time.

Blogging and checking my Myspace account are probably not activities that are the best use of my time, but both are a little bit addictive.

Main Course
In what year of your life did you change the most?

1996 was a big year. I quit my job in PA, got married, moved to TN and started a new job all within about a two month window. In 2001, we had to sell a house in TN, buy a house in PA, move across the country again and I had to change jobs again. In 2004, I got to do one more time (sold a house in PA, bought a house in TN and changed jobs AGAIN). Did I mention that I am ready to stay in one place for a while?

Dessert
Where is a place you consider to be very tranquil?

The top of a mountain when it is snowing. I consider downhill skiing to be very tranquil. Sometimes, when you are lucky, you can ski down a trail when no one else is around and you feel like you are the only person on earth.



6 Comments:

  • At 2:02 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    that is really a great prize u've won! U must be a very intelligent person!

     
  • At 4:23 PM , Blogger Marie said...

    wow~~~ you must be a really great daughter for recognizing and appreciating your parents!!!! i bet you are!!!! great feast this week!

     
  • At 5:10 PM , Blogger Joseph C. Harris said...

    Great Feast. That sounds like a great prize that you won. My feast is up if you would like to join.

     
  • At 5:48 AM , Blogger Vixen said...

    Yup blogging and myspace are addictive, but at least they are fun addictions! :)

     
  • At 9:44 PM , Blogger Rob Carr said...

    You're fortunate. For me, downhill skiing would be traumatic, not tranquil! I took up running as a sport because it required the least coordination.

    Great feast. Thanks!

    Rob of UnSpace

     
  • At 8:10 PM , Blogger strauss said...

    Nice Dessert, sounds wonderful.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home