No Spiders Allowed

Thoughts from the Mind of An Arachnophobic Brunette

Monday, April 16, 2007

Five Obsessive Things

I've been tagged by The Eccentric Blonde to list out my five most obsessive thoughts. Here's what I came up with:

My Scale - I weigh myself every single morning with a scale that weighs me to the tenth of a pound. Somehow, I get validation from this stupid machine. If it is up a little or down a little it kind of sets the tone for my day. It is probably a wonder that I am not anorexic or bulimic, but somehow, I manage to keep it confined to just obsessing about that number.

Circumstance - I think a lot about why things happen the way they do in life. For instance, my parents let me choose which high school I went to. If I had chosen differently, I probably never would have met my husband or moved to Tennessee and had a completely different life. I think about that sort of stuff all of the time. If I had left my house a minute earlier, would I have been involved in that accident on the side of the road? What if I had never interviewed for this job? What if I had never had the job that I had before this which allowed me to find out about the job I have now? If my husband hadn't answered a newspaper ad, we would have never met one of our best friends. I just think it's so strange how little things can impact our lives in such major ways and I wonder about it a lot.

Planning - I have to plan. I can't stop planning. I do in my job. I do it in my personal life. I have done it for years. What I can't plan, I try to just leave up to God. I figure that God has got to be the ultimate planner, so if I can't plan it, I try to just let it go and not worry about it and figure that He has it covered. I think this way of thinking helps to keep me pretty content in life.

Laundry and Dishes - I hate dishes in the sink and laundry that overflows out of the hamper. Other stuff I can let go and ignore much more easily. I don't know why those two things bother me, but they do. I can kick my shoes off and not put them away. I can have other piles of "stuff" lying around the house. However, I just can't let the dishes and the laundry get too out of hand. It bothers me and hangs over me until it has been fixed.

Underwear - The top and bottom have to match. Always.

I would love to hear what Glamorous Jo has to say about her obsessions...

2 Comments:

  • At 10:48 PM , Blogger The Eccentric Blonde said...

    note to self - always put dishes in the dishwasher when i stay at your house! ;)

     
  • At 11:26 AM , Blogger Vixen said...

    Matching undies...Cute Why? The whole if your ever in a car accident make sure you have clean undies on?

    It's funny you mention this because a few years ago when I went to the ER the nurse commented on how my bra and panties matched. I was like oh yeah that was luck I never do that on purpose. She said her stuff never matches either! :)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home