No Spiders Allowed

Thoughts from the Mind of An Arachnophobic Brunette

Monday, July 31, 2006

Urged To Move



This afternoon, I left work to go and run an errand. I pulled up to a light behind a large truck that was hauling bags of trash. A mini van pulled up behind me. I noticed that the lane on the right had no traffic in it. I looked at the vehicle in front of me and thought, "I should probably get over so I can pass before these 2 lanes merge into 1 lane." I checked my mirrors, saw that nothing was coming, signaled and scooted over into the right lane. This was a last minute decision. When I was approaching this red light, I could have easily decided to go in that right lane, but instead pulled behind the traffic in the left lane and then decided to make the switch to the right.

We soon approached a second red light. My car was in front of the line of traffic. The large truck was behind me. The mini van was behind the large truck.

As I was sitting there, waiting on the light to change, I heard a loud noise that I actually thought was gunfire. I looked in my rear view mirror and saw the truck pull off the road. Then I saw the mini van (with a smashed front) pull over behind it. Holy crap! That mini van completely nailed the back of that truck. If I hadn't decided to pass that truck at the last minute, the back of my poor Corolla would have been history the way that the mini van slammed into that truck. Yikes! I'm so glad something seemed to urge me out of that lane at the last minute.

When stuff like that happens, I have to wonder, was this a coincidence or was there a reason that van hit a large, sturdy truck instead of me? Was it just luck or was I spared that hardship for a reason and if so, what I am I supposed to do? If I am supposed to do something, am I supposed to do it today or some other time in the future? It sure felt like I was "urged to move" but I'll probably never know for sure.

Isn't it strange how the smallest, seemingly insignificant decisions can change your world?

1 Comments:

  • At 7:40 PM , Blogger GJ said...

    That would have FREAKED ME OUT. I am glad you listened to the urge.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home