No Spiders Allowed

Thoughts from the Mind of An Arachnophobic Brunette

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Creepy Things Lurking in the Sink

I guess that in addition to spiders, I'm kind of creeped out by those really long, skinny, hairy, multi-legged bugs that run really fast. I don't know what they're called, but there was one of them in the bathroom sink tonight.

I went into the bathroom, and there it was, in all of its hairy, creepy ugliness.

I don't know what's wrong with me. Growing up, I could drape a python around my shoulders without giving it a second thought, but the thought of peeing in the bathroom with this thing lurking in the sink was too much to deal with.

I evaluated the situation. Husband is not home and probably will not be for at least an hour or two. I thought about turning on the water in the sink, but the bug was pretty far up. It would probably just get its feet wet, run like hell, get pissed off and then climb on my face in the night just to spite me.

I filled up one of those big measuring cups with water from the kitchen sink and then went back to the bathroom. After mustering up some courage, I dumped the water on the bug, while simultaneously turning on the faucet (all while making noises that were so unusually high-pitched, my dogs came running to investigate). The bug went down the drain for a moment. Then, it began to CRAWL BACK OUT OF THE DRAIN. I about died on the spot. I ran back to the kitchen for more water and poured it on the bug again and turned the faucet on even harder (all while still making strange, dog-intriguing noises). Water is splashing everywhere, dogs are freaking out, I have to pee and the running water isn't helping.

Finally, it went down the drain.

And I left the faucet running for 20 minutes straight.

And I don't really want to go back in that bathroom and see if it's there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home