No Spiders Allowed

Thoughts from the Mind of An Arachnophobic Brunette

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

It's Tuesday and the Glass is Half Full

I don't always expect life to be a bowl of cherries. Not having huge expectations generally means I am seldom disappointed and sometimes pleasantly surprised. I wonder sometimes if this makes me as neurotic as someone who expects good things all the time and therefore is constantly let down.

These are the things that I was contemplating as I was driving to work this morning. I don't necessarily love my job. I'm less than thrilled about the commute. It's only Tuesday. I'm not a morning person. However, as I was driving, the sun was shining and I was singing along (loudly--and off key) with Dwight Yoakam's rendition of Suspicious Minds and I felt good.

Maybe it's only Tuesday, but that also means American Idol is on tonight (go Chris!). I might not have any big plans tonight, but maybe after work my husband and I will make a quick trip to Target to buy "King Kong" and do some browsing. I may not LOVE my job, but I can listen to music while I work (Earth Wind and Fire is playing currently), wear jeans when I want (love my Levi's) and they are pretty flexible when I want to take time off.

Maybe I am neurotic for being generally happy, but I think it's better than the alternative.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home