No Spiders Allowed

Thoughts from the Mind of An Arachnophobic Brunette

Friday, March 24, 2006

Eighties Lady

Last night, VH1 was previewing VH1 Classic, so we got to enjoy about 30 minutes of videos from the 80's. Ozzy, Motley Crue, Def Leppard, Poison, The Scorpions, Twisted Sister--my husband and I sat there mesmerized since it has been so long since we had seen some of these videos.

I said to my husband, "You know, I'm glad we grew up during this era when the music was fun and about partying and not as dark and angry as some of the stuff today." (I know--I sound so old when I say stuff like that) He said, "If we had grown up earlier or later, and been influenced by different music we probably wouldn't be the same people." I think he's right.

It would be an interesting study, but I have to wonder--were Prozac sales lower back when the bands wore makeup and spandex, sung about "girls just wanting to have fun" and proclaiming that they don't need "nothing but a good time"? When Jon Bon Jovi still used more hairspray than I did and Madonna didn't have kids of her own?

I want my (old, video-playing, big-haired, guitar solo heavy, neon colored) MTV.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home