No Spiders Allowed

Thoughts from the Mind of An Arachnophobic Brunette

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Life is Too Short--Enjoy Every Day

The media announced the death of Dana Reeve today (Christopher Reeve's widow). She died from lung cancer. She was 44 years old. This keeps popping back into my head. She was 44. I'm driving to work. She was 44. I'm answering the phone. She was 44. I'm analyzing invoices. She was 44. She didn't smoke. She was 44. She was less than 10 years older than me. She was 44.

It's days like this that really make me realize how precious life is. Every day is a gift. Don't rush through it. Tell your spouse how much he or she means. Look at the blossoms on the trees. Notice how soft your dog or cat's fur is when you run your fingers through it. When you sit down to a great meal, really taste your food. Smile at the person next to you in the grocery store (don't be creepy about it, just a little smile will do). Slow down a little and really absorb what is going on around you. Make time for the things or people that are important to you. Live your life with no regrets.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home