No Spiders Allowed

Thoughts from the Mind of An Arachnophobic Brunette

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Allow Me to Introduce Myself...

Is it weird to be nervous about starting your first blog? Is this the norm? I feel a tremendous amount of pressure to be smart and witty before I click "publish post" and I'm just not sure if I can deliver 100% of the time. Okay, deep breaths....here we go...

I guess I'll start out by telling you a little bit about myself:


Random Stuff About Me

1 - I'm a happily married, thirty-something female
2 - I don't like mustard or spiders
3 - I love rollercoasters
4 - I am addicted to my IPOD-(I think that if I was on my way to work and discovered that I left it at home, I would probably turn my car around).
5 - I like the mysterious feeling of overcast days--especially right before a thunderstorm--it makes me want to sit on a front porch somewhere
6 - I love the melancholy feeling I get when I listen to the song Bell Bottom Blues by Eric Clapton
7 - I've just recently discovered that I like pickled okra
8 - I still remember the list of prepositions that I memorized alphabetically in grade school
9 - Being greeted by a happy dog is one of the greatest things ever
10 - I could spend hours browsing in Target--I love that place
11 - I love Star Wars and everything that goes along with it more than any 30-something female should--I'm a bit of a freak (yes, I've worn my hair like Princess Leia already)
12 - I'm the youngest of 6 kids
13 - Deep down I sometimes wonder if I'm ever going to feel like a "grown up"
14 - I had a pet snake (python) when I was growing up
15 - I love cheap, drug-store beauty products
16 - Most nights, after I turn the light off, I feel the need to turn it back on and check my alarm even though I know I've set it
17 - I don't like drinking out of a glass that doesn't have condensation on it--the feeling of the dry glass against my fingers is like nails on a chalkboard
18 - I am one of the few people I know who takes no prescription drugs regularly--for anything
19 - I used to have a pet goat named Cindy
20 - Shows I watch regularly: 24, American Idol, Lost, The Bachelor, The Office
21 - I love scary movies, haunted houses, Halloween and everything that goes along with it
22 - I have actually had a happy childhood and don't blame any of my problems on my parents
23 - I have 2 dogs (greyhounds) and one of them freaks out and barks whenever "Take Me Home" by Phil Collins comes on the stereo--no other song gets that kind of reaction from him--and I laugh till I cry every time it happens
24 - I was at the taping of the Whitney Houston video "So Emotional" when I was a teen
25 - I love all sorts of magazines and I have trouble throwing them away after I've read them
26 - I'm insecure about a lot of things
27 - I love a good steak dinner and a glass of red wine
28 - I really want to know why God made dinosaurs
29 - I like the way Levi's jeans fit
30 - I love watching people in an airport and wondering what their stories are

Okay, enough about me...for now. However, I am still fearful of clicking "publish"....ok...here goes nothing....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home