No Spiders Allowed

Thoughts from the Mind of An Arachnophobic Brunette

Saturday, March 11, 2006

That Tree is Really Far Away

My husband and I are going to be ridiculous when we get old. One of the reasons is because I don't think I have the best hearing. We are both in our 30's and I think we have conversations right now that many couples are having at the local retirement community.

We once heard a comedian talk about how funny it is when one person keeps asking "What?" and the other person keeps repeating the original statement--even when that statement was something stupid like, "That tree is really far away" and by that point you are yelling it at the other person at the top of your lungs--"THAT TREE IS REALLY FAR AWAY!!". This happens to us on a regular basis.

Sometimes it's like a childhood game of "Whisper Down the Alley" except no one is whispering and there are only two of us, but the outcome is the same. A conversation between us can go very much like this:


Him - "Hey, Juice Newton is on CMT"

Me - "Do I want a Fig Newton on my tree? What are you talking about?"


I love my husband. He deserves an award for putting up with me for almost 10 years.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home