No Spiders Allowed

Thoughts from the Mind of An Arachnophobic Brunette

Thursday, October 02, 2008

My Letter to 2008

Dear 2008,

I realize that it has been a difficult year, (you know, with the deaths, injuries/ruined vacations, divorces, surgeries, plagues of spiders, in addition to just wreaking general havoc on my family and friends) and now you want to try to make it up to me.

I also have to admit that you are off to a good start by allowing me to win a free cruise through a random drawing at work.





Not just a free cruise, but a free cruise to the island of Grand Turk in January, on one of the upper decks of the ship, in a really nice cabin, with a balcony.







However, I have to admit, I am hesitant to embrace this act of generosity. 2008, you have a pattern and I am afraid that you are just setting me up for the ultimate smack down.

I could let my guard down and you could send another plague of spiders my way or cause me to drop my cool new phone in a toilet or something--or worse. I've seen what you are capable of.

So, here's the deal, 2008: When I am safely on that ship, enjoying a drink with a little umbrella in it, I might look back and say nice things about you.

But until then, I am going to have my eye on you. And I will probably still say bad things about you upon your departure on New Year's Eve. Come on, you can't really blame me. You and I both know what this year has been like. You deserve a little trash talk.

I will be watching and waiting and hoping that we can make our peace after you leave in January.

Thanks again for the cruise.

Sincerely,

Nonblond

P.S. If you allow me to win a large quantity of some cold hard cash from a slot machine on the ship it will make forgiveness that much easier. Just throwin' it out there.

P.P.S. If that ship sinks, even though it will be 2009, I'll still blame you.

3 Comments:

  • At 9:25 AM , Blogger The Eccentric Blonde said...

    Congrats on your big win - that's so great! Can't wait to see you in a couple of weeks!

     
  • At 9:26 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I think that your letter is very touching and thoughtful. I congratulate you on the cruise.
    Now I think I will sign-off , drink a glass of wine,take an Ambien and go outside in the parking lot of my apartment complex and hunt for alligators will a broom!

     
  • At 9:42 AM , Blogger Lydia said...

    See maybe 2008 won't kill you after all....although, I admit 2008 has tried very hard! :)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home