No Spiders Allowed

Thoughts from the Mind of An Arachnophobic Brunette

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Back to Living "Life in the Fast Lane"




Last week was officially the six month anniversary of my knee surgery. On the actual date of my surgical anniversary, I had the opportunity to see The Eagles in concert.

Not only did I see The Eagles in concert, I got to see them FROM THE FRONT ROW. (I got goosebumps hearing the first few notes of Hotel California and being just a few feet from the band--it was just surreal.)

I wore a dress with high heeled boots (that I haven't worn since before my injury) and I danced. I danced and swayed and clapped and sang through almost the whole show.

Part of it was the wine. Part of it was the music. But most of it was the fact that I actually could stand and dance and wear those boots again. I didn't have to sit through the whole concert with my leg propped up in a brace (like I did in April when I saw BonJovi).

The concert was great--there's no doubt about that, and it sure felt good to celebrate my recovery in such a memorable way.

3 Comments:

  • At 3:50 PM , Blogger Jake Sternbower said...

    I am jealous, I am a huge Eagles fan and haven't been able to see them in concert for a loooong time.

     
  • At 6:07 AM , Blogger Doo Dah said...

    OMG
    I cant believe that you saw them.
    Tix are so hard to get!

    Lucky you!

     
  • At 3:06 PM , Blogger Michele said...

    Congratulations on your six month knee anniversery! You found a great way to celebrate...front row seats and dancing in high heels.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home