No Spiders Allowed

Thoughts from the Mind of An Arachnophobic Brunette

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Six Month Anniversary


Today is the official six month anniversary of my injury.

Sunday, February 10th, I was being pulled down a mountain on a stretcher in excruciating pain.

Sunday, August 10th (today), I am boarding a flight for Jamaica.

In the last six months, I've had my knee surgery and groaned through 14 weeks of physical therapy. But now, almost as if 6 months is some sort of strange benchmark date, in the last week or so I've noticed two things:

1 - I don't limp anymore when I first get out of bed (I wasn't sure if I would ever get over that).

2 - My left knee finally matches my right knee. I can see the kneecap and it looks almost the same as the other knee (if you overlook the small scars from my surgery, which are fading nicely, by the way).

It's been a rough six months (actually this whole year has been a bit bumpy) and I am ready for a little retreat.

If you need me, I'll be on one of those chairs pictured above, reading a book and sipping a Mai Tai. See you soon...

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home