No Spiders Allowed

Thoughts from the Mind of An Arachnophobic Brunette

Friday, July 18, 2008

Well, I Used to Like My Job...

I think you probably already know how I feel about spiders just by the title of this blog.

For those of you who are not clear on the subject, allow me to be: I hate them with a passion. I have nightmares about them. I really, really, really don't like anything about them. This is not an exaggeration.

Today, we are having people come to spray at our workplace because we are infested (infested, mind you) with brown recluse spiders. Poisonous, brown recluse spiders. Infested.

You can imagine my joy at this news.

It will take multiple treatments to get rid of them. Today is the first of many treatments.

Over the weekend, I plan to find an air tight container in which to store my purse and messenger bag so that I will not be transporting any of these things to my own house.

I am kind of pissed that we are even expected to be here while we have an infestation of poisonous spiders.

I keep feeling like things are crawling on me.

Yesterday, for the first time in the history of my professional career, I found myself blinking back tears at my desk after someone had found one, captured it, and decided to bring it around and show people so we could "know one when we saw one". I really had to struggle to keep control. My palms were sweating and my hands were shaking. This is just ridiculous.

Can I sue for psychological pain and suffering?

2 Comments:

  • At 8:08 PM , Blogger The Eccentric Blonde said...

    oh. my. gosh. i think you have every right to be pissed. i certainly would be!

     
  • At 6:40 PM , Blogger Lydia said...

    Okay, I can see if it was an infestation of ordinary house spiders, which are a nuisance at most to keep working like it is no big deal. They could spray, and you would never be the wiser. But brown recluse spiders are serious business. I would be furious!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home