No Spiders Allowed

Thoughts from the Mind of An Arachnophobic Brunette

Sunday, August 03, 2008

It's All In Your Jeans


I was watching Good Morning America last week, and they did a segment on jeans. They compared several different brands of jeans, all at different prices, and put them on skinny women, average women and larger women. They were judging the jeans to see which brand would actually look good on all three body types.

It turned out that the winner of all the brands was a style of jeans called "The Flirt" from Old Navy (pictured above).

I wasn't sure that I believed the hype, but I agreed that they did look good on all three of the different body types, so I decided to see if they looked good on my body type. After all, today was part of a tax free weekend in Tennessee and since I need to wear long pants or jeans to work until the spider infestation calms down (Lord, help me), I could use some new jeans.

I arrived at Old Navy and hunted down "The Flirt". I grabbed about 3 different sizes because, as most women know, you tend to wear a different size no matter where you shop.

When I got in the dressing room, I was truly impressed. They weren't high waisted jeans, but they weren't low rise either--they were a nice middle ground. They definitely aren't "mom jeans", but they also aren't the kind that will end up giving a free show of the color of your underwear to the person behind you if you have to bend over to pick something up. The dark color was slimming and the long, slightly flared legs also provided a flattering optical illusion.

I ended up in a size smaller than I expected which could be partially Old Navy's sizing and/or partially my working out and watching what I eat in preparation for my vacation. Either way, I was pleased. I ended up buying 3 pairs.

If you are in the market for a new pair of jeans, you might want to slip on pair of "The Flirt" jeans at an Old Navy near you and see if you agree with my denim analysis. Happy shopping!

2 Comments:

  • At 1:36 PM , Blogger Vixen said...

    Where you wearing these Tuesday? They are cute! :)

     
  • At 7:11 PM , Blogger Nonblond said...

    Yes, those are the jeans I was wearing Tuesday! Thanks!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home