No Spiders Allowed

Thoughts from the Mind of An Arachnophobic Brunette

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Another Day, Another Bite

I was greeted today with the news that yet another employee at my job was bitten by a spider.

I now have an air tight container to contain my purse and bag during the day and I refuse to work with my feet on the floor, so I sit with them both propped up on a chair under my desk.

My husband is out of town and tonight is trash night.  I forgot about it until the sun went down and then I went outside to move the trash can to the curb.  As I walked up to the trash can, I noticed in the reflection of the garage light, a long string of a spider web connecting the trash can to a nearby tree. 

I literally wanted to just sit down in the middle of the driveway and cry.  I felt so defeated.

After about 15 minutes of pulling and kicking at the trash can and then finally getting it down to the curb, I wondered, "Is anyone else having a day that makes them think about spiders 8,495 times, like I am?"

I NEED A VACATION.

3 Comments:

  • At 10:27 AM , Blogger Lydia said...

    Maybe not 8,495 times, but I did see a huge disgusting spider in my kitchen the other day. It got taller and ran away. I froze and wasn't brave enough to jump on it. I thought of you. I am still creeped out about your work situation.

     
  • At 7:31 PM , Blogger Vixen said...

    Oh no! I can't believe they are actually having you guys work. I mean I would imagine most of you can work from home if needed.

    If I got bit and had to go to the hospital and suffer...I'd Sue. And the emotional distress you are dealing with is not right either. Really.

     
  • At 3:57 AM , Blogger Michele said...

    Ugh! Sorry to hear about the spider situation. I did not like reading about it and can not imagine having to deal with it.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home