No Spiders Allowed

Thoughts from the Mind of An Arachnophobic Brunette

Friday, September 12, 2008

Fortune Teller Miracle Fish


Do you ever have those moments in life when you come across something that you haven't seen since your childhood, but as soon as you see it, it just transports you back in time to being a kid?

I just had that moment.

I had a few minutes to kill after lunch today, so I walked over to some shops that are connected to the building where I work.  I walked into one of the stores to browse, and suddenly, there it was:  

The Fortune Teller Miracle Fish.

I had one when I was a kid.  It's a little plastic (sort of cellophane-like) fish that you put in the palm of your hand.  It is supposed to "tell your fortune" by the movements that the fish makes:

Moving Head - Jealousy
Moving Tail - Indifference
Moving Head and Tail - In Love
Curling Sides - Fickle
Turns Over - False
Motionless - Dead One
Curls Up Entirely - Passionate

For a whopping 25 cents, it was an entertainment bargain (and a fun way to re-experience my childhood).  I can't believe I haven't seen or heard about one of these in about 30 years.  

So it's Friday, the sun is shining, my husband is coming home from traveling on business and then I find the Fortune Teller Miracle Fish.  

Today is a good day.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:42 AM , Blogger Doo Dah said...

    I have never seen those. How interesting. I WANT ONE!!!!

     
  • At 6:40 PM , Blogger Vixen said...

    That's funny. I don't remember those, but, I don't remember allot of stuff from way back when. LOL

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home