No Spiders Allowed

Thoughts from the Mind of An Arachnophobic Brunette

Monday, September 04, 2006

My Old Stomping Grounds - Part One

I had the pleasure of visiting my hometown over Labor Day weekend. First, we landed at the Philadelphia airport and ate an authentic cheesesteak at Pat's King of Steaks in Philly. This is the original authentic philly cheesesteak.

Yo, you guys want yours "wit or witout" fried onions?



Then, we drove to the Allentown area where we stayed to visit with my family. This is the Trivet diner--one of our favorites. There aren't many authentic diners in the south, so it is funny that seeing one now can make us nostalgic. Nothing like a place that is open 24 hours, where you can order breakfast any time of day and order everything from a club sandwich to a steak dinner.


We visited with my Mom and Dad. Aren't they cute? They've been married over 50 years.


Then we ventured out to the 154th year of The Great Allentown Fair. This is an old hometown tradition and a huge fair with lots of attractions. We visited our favorite stands and attractions like The Brass Rail Restaurant stand...


....and the Ritz Barbecue....


and Vince's Cheesesteaks.

There were even prize winning eggs! (I don't think I would know a prize winning egg if I saw one in the grocery store, would you?)


More hometown adventures to come...

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home