No Spiders Allowed

Thoughts from the Mind of An Arachnophobic Brunette

Monday, July 23, 2007

Rediscovering Biographies



When I was at a convention a week or two ago, I had the pleasure of sharing a dinner table with Phil Vischer, the creator of Big Idea's VeggieTales. I really enjoyed meeting him and I thought he was a very interesting person. So, after the convention, I decided to read his book, Me, Myself & Bob.

I'll admit, I have not read that many biographies or autobiographies in my life that I wasn't required to read in college. However, I suddenly found that I couldn't put the book down. I was captivated.

I am interested in his success. I am interested in where things went wrong and why. I am interested in the stories of where certain ideas originated. I get to live vicariously, to a certain degree, through his words. I can learn a little from his mistakes. Besides all that--it is just plain good reading.

I am more than halfway through the book and the experience is making me think I might enjoy more biographies in my life. I never thought that I would ever say that before, but I think it is true. I usually tend to lean more toward a good thriller or a light, mindless "beach read".

Phil Vischer mentions in his book another person's life story that inspired him. I think I may soon visit the library and see if I can find this one next...

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home