No Spiders Allowed

Thoughts from the Mind of An Arachnophobic Brunette

Sunday, July 15, 2007

Don't Get Your Panties in a Bunch

Whew! What a week. After spending a few days at a convention in Atlanta, the husband made me promise not to plan anything for the weekend.

With a promise on the table for "no plans", we caught up on sleep, laundry, yard work, grocery shopping, etc, which was all great and very necessary. I got a pedicure with the best friend. Again, wonderful and necessary.

In addition to all of that, I had two unexpected sources of weekend joy:

Unexpected source of weekend joy #1 - Last week, at the hair salon, I complimented the girl behind the desk who was setting up my next appointment on her fabulous top. It was all white and flowy and a little sheer with white polka dots on it. It was really cute. She said, "I got it Macy's and it was on sale. You should go this week and see if they have more." I never quite got around to it and then on Saturday, Macy's had their One Day Sale. I found the top in my size and it was marked down from $28.00 to only $7.50! That NEVER happens to me.

Unexpected source of weekend joy #2 - I organized my underwear drawers. I have been meaning to do this for the past 6 months and now that I finally have, it felt SO good. All the bras with underwire that was bent or missing: gone. Bras with missing hooks: gone. All the panties that were getting beat up: gone. Everything now matches. There is now organization and order. Strapless and exercise bras on the left. Regular bras on the right. Sleep and workout panties on the left (Yes, I have comfy sleep panties. You have a problem with that?), regular panties on the right. The drawers are no longer stuffed half full of things I'll never wear.

Cheap clothes and organized underwear. Seriously. Does it get any better?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home