No Spiders Allowed

Thoughts from the Mind of An Arachnophobic Brunette

Saturday, July 07, 2007

I've Been Bitten!



Okay, I hate to admit it. I fell for it. I fell for the hype. I've been "Bitten" and I'm not sorry.
Recently, as my husband and I were driving back from Cincinnati to Nashville, we stopped to grab some lunch. Coincidentally, at this particular exit, there was a Steve & Barry's store. I had recently seen an episode of Oprah where I had learned that Steve & Barry's is exclusively carrying Sarah Jessica Parker's new clothing line, Bitten.
The inspiration behind her clothing line is that she feels ,"It is every woman's inalienable right to have a pulled-together, stylish, confident, wardrobe with money left over to live." Every piece in her clothing line is $19.98 or less (many items under 10 bucks). Shoes, tops, jackets, jeans, bags, etc. Everything. She also carries sizes from 0 - 22.

It was enough to get me curious. I had to stop in.

I was not alone in my curiosity. Women of all ages were digging through the clothes like they were being given away for free. The husband patiently waited as I, "went somewhere" (as he says) and I grabbed piles of clothing and made multiple trips to the dressing room.
I purchased:

The Boyfriend Jean - $14.98
The Hollywood Waist Pants (dark grey) - $14.98
A 3/4 sleeve Poplin Shirt (white) - $9.98
A 3/4 sleeve Linen Blazer (brown) - $19.98
A Ribbed Henley Tank (white) - $7.98
An Apron Tank (green and white) - $9.98
A Textured Bib Top (grey) - $7.98

I was pleasantly surprised by the selection and price and found myself wishing I had more time to spend digging. (Although, I'm sure my husband was glad that I stopped myself at 3 trips to the dressing room.)

I'll definitely need to make another trip in a few months to see what items appear in the fall.
Apparently, fashion really is not a luxury after all--you just need to get Bitten.

2 Comments:

  • At 7:12 PM , Blogger Vixen said...

    That's awesome! I'm so out of the fashion and culture loop I didn't know about any of this! :)

     
  • At 7:42 PM , Blogger Vixen said...

    Did you hear?!!! There is going to be a Sex & The City movie!!!! WOO HOO!

    I think your Manolo's need to come out of the closet for this movie premiere! :)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home