No Spiders Allowed

Thoughts from the Mind of An Arachnophobic Brunette

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Never a Dull Moment

Wow, what a crazy couple of weeks it has been!

First, I worked a temp job at a gun shoot for four days. I fired a 12 gauge rifle for the first time in my life and hit a moving target in the sky on my first try! (It also scared the crap out of me, but it was fun!).



It was also exhausting, physical work and it only got worse when it started to downpour and then we had to tear everything down for four hours in the mud. It was a rough way to earn some cash, but it made me appreciate getting back to my desk job.

Speaking of my desk job, my new business has moved into their new offices and it felt SO good to be able to go to the office every day this week. It felt like we got a lot accomplished and every day we are closer to really having some great success. I pray every day that we will be able to make this business work. If we can, it will be one of the smartest risks I have ever taken. I can't wait to go back tomorrow. We are also going to be featured as a new business in the Nashville Business Journal sometime soon, so we had even a publicity photo taken. Good things are a'happenin'!

Third, I've still been practicing my bass playing whenever I can and my husband felt I deserved an upgrade, so he is selling my old bass and he just bought me this one (should be coming to me this week):




I'm going to be playing a Fender--I'm so excited! It's a better bass and neck is a little smaller so it will be easier on my small hands. I can't wait to give it a try!

Okay, back to practicing...A flat, F, D flat, E flat...

3 Comments:

  • At 2:18 PM , Blogger Diane said...

    All very good and exciting news for you! Glad Spring Sprang is taking off - you're on your way now baby! :)

     
  • At 4:02 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Yes,I am one of the dogs that lives with you( I prefer to not say which one) If I had thumbs I'd beat you with that new bass guitar when it comes in!!!!!

     
  • At 11:21 AM , Blogger pilgrimchick said...

    Sounds like a cool bass guitar there.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home