No Spiders Allowed

Thoughts from the Mind of An Arachnophobic Brunette

Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Being a Woman in 2009


Above - I think I may have a similar toaster, but I have never been that excited about it.


I'm really thrilled to have been born when I was. I think that being a woman in this day and age is probably a lot more fun than it used to be. It imagine it allows you to be more multifaceted.

For example:


I love a good ballad, but a powerful rock song makes my pulse race.



I like pretty jewelry, but I've also been known to enjoy an occasional, good cigar with the boys.



I like a girly, pink cosmopolitan, but I also like to drink beer and shoot whisky.



I love trying new makeup, but I also love playing bass.




I don't mind the callouses I am getting on my fingers from playing bass, but I do like to keep my nails pretty.



I'm terrified of spiders, but can't wait to speed down a mountain on skis even after a life-changing skiing accident and injury.



I'll tear up at a sweet proposal on TV, but I don't cry from physical pain.




I'm a sucker for a great chick flick, but also love a good (or cheesy) horror or science fiction movie.





I prefer comfortable shoes, but I love dressing up and wearing heels sometimes too.

I don't think I'll ever be completely "girly", but I'm okay with that. I'll take my Manolo's with a side of rock and roll any day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home