No Spiders Allowed

Thoughts from the Mind of An Arachnophobic Brunette

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Time to Relax




Some days, especially during election time, it feels like we are bombarded with too much information. There are e-mails, blogs, news websites, television, radio, magazines, SNL skits, political cartoons, talk around the water cooler, etc, etc.

Some days it just feels like too much. Until today. Today, I heard someone on the radio remind everyone of this fact:

"No matter who wins this election, you can't let that person, or that outcome of the election, determine your happiness."

And it's true, we can't.

No matter who is elected, it is up to us, each of us individually, to make sure that we are responsible for our own happiness.

When I hear bits of news about people wanting candidates to be killed or to be gang raped I realize that there are some people out there who are not only psychopaths, but they are also hanging their only hopes of any sort of happiness for the next four years on the outcome of this election. And that's just ridiculous.

I'm thrilled that I have the right to vote and I will exercise that right and vote for the candidate who I believe should be in office. But when it's all said and done and after I cast my vote and say my prayers, it is truly out of my hands. However, it's okay, because we all have more control over our individual destinies than any presidential candidate ever will.

It is absolutely important to fight for the issues. There are important issues to be fought for. However, no one needs to get shot at. No one needs to get raped. No one needs to drag a candidate's pregnant child through the mud over this. That type of rhetoric is just immature, unproductive and only makes things worse.

As we approach this next presidential election, let's all just take a collective deep breath and calm down and relax. Educate yourself on the facts, cast your vote and end it.

As the old saying goes, it's just not worth getting your panties in a bunch over this.

4 Comments:

  • At 5:20 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    RIGHT ON SISTER !!!
    I'm voting for Ross Perot.....

     
  • At 8:49 PM , Blogger the eccentric blonde said...

    couldn't have said it better myself....

     
  • At 8:33 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    You said "Panties in a Bunch" hehe

     
  • At 9:14 PM , Blogger Lydia said...

    I know this post is a little older, I read it a while ago but I just wanted to say thanks. It was a good little pick me up. Words of wisdom, if you will. I really needed it. Politics always makes me so nervous. I don't know why, but it does. I read your post and felt good, so thanks!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home